Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Variations on a Tatting Theme

It was a busy week for tatted earrings, with four pair being delivered and/or sold today.

Last week I was featured as Artisan of The Week at our LocallyGrown market, and a customer placed an order for custom earrings.  I ordered the requested thread from Handy Hands (where I get most of my "nice" threads), it arrived yesterday, and I was able to make the earrings in time for market delivery today.


Custom earrings - "Snow Flower" or "Celebrate Spring!" design
At the same time, a dear friend ordered the same design in this lovely variegated blue thread.  It is such a pleasure to work with really nice material, and they turned out lovely.


Lovely blue variegated

This particular design I developed late last year, looking for something fairly simple, yet elegant, to give as holiday gifts to friends and family, and I called it "Snow Flower".  Looking for something to do for Spring, I used the same pattern in a lovely purple/green variegated thread and called it "Celebrate Spring!"  This simple little pattern has turned out to be my most successful to date.

What color will you chose for your earrings? :)





No comments:

Post a Comment