Wednesday, September 2, 2015

New Addition

Because you can never have too many species living under one roof . . .

 
Amelia

This is Amelia, and she is a Conure (basically a miniature parrot). She's about six months old, and needed a new home because her boy's new medication can't be used around birds. So, home she came with us to be Thomas' new companion. She was named by committee on the drive home, after Amelia Earhart. Yes, that was my idea -- Amelia is one of my favorite people.

So far, Amelia seems to be getting used to her new home and new buddy. It's taking me a little bit of getting used to, since I've never been a fan of birds in people houses. I like them better outside chasing squirrels from the bird feeder and taunting our cats. But, life is all about change, so change I will . . .

Welcome to the family, Amelia!

- Mo

1 comment:

  1. Oh Amelia - you're a lucky girl! And if you have a wicked sense of humor...you've got the right mommy!

    ReplyDelete