Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Editing::Networked Ladies

For the past few months I've been attending monthly Xperience Connections networking events hosted by Carole Cheatam. Each time I go, I meet new, interesting ladies, all entrepreneurs from a wide variety of industries, many of them active moms or grandmothers.


The Group! My webmistress, Sarah Greer, is down front.

I like the XC format. Each event is a ladies-only "closed" network, which means only one representative from each industry may be represented (no competing with the gal sitting next to you). It's a "pay per event" arrangement, rather than a fixed monthly or annual membership. And you can attend as many or as few events as you like. Our area has several leaders, all of whom have regularly-scheduled events, and you decide which one(s) you want to attend. You're not required to show up to every weekly or monthly meeting.




My new networking buddy Sandra Rogers

I especially like Carole's events. Hers are in the evening, so you're not interrupting your business day. We begin with socializing and a light supper (always creative and yummy) prepared by Carole. During the "formal" part of the meeting, we each give a three-minute presentation about our business. When that's done, there's more socializing.



Kimberly Fodrie (Snellville's leader) and Carole)

If you've got your own business, I highly recommend attending an XC event in your area. If you're shy about going to new places on your own, bring an entrepreneurial friend or associate. I was introduced to the group by my Personal Banker, Amanda Hayes at SunTrust. She's the Queen of Networking (that's a lot coming from me). If the other groups are even half as lovely as ours, you'll be comfortable whether you bring a friend or not.

1 comment:

  1. I am so honored!!! It's such a pleasure to be a leader for the XC meetings, and it's because of people like you! As hectic as it sometimes is preparing for the meeting, I look forward each month to hearing that doorbell ring and welcoming all of you to my home! Thank you for your gracious comments....and thank you for inviting your friends to enhance our meetings!

    ReplyDelete