Saturday, November 7, 2009

Creamy Corn Chowder

I swiped this recipe from Diabetic Meals In 30 Minutes – Or Less! by Robyn Webb, and modified it to make it a little less healthy, but most certainly an awesome winter comfort food!

1 tsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium potato, cubed (I used a thin-skinned red)
1 cup chicken broth (I used low-sodium organic)
2 cups corn kernels
2 cups heavy cream
Pepper to taste

Warm the olive oil in your small soup pot, add onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Add the diced potatoes and ½ the broth, and cook until the potatoes are soft (about 10 minutes).

Add the corn, cream and remaining broth, and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes. Makes about 6 cups of soup, in about 1/2 hour start-to-finish.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. The original recipe calls for evaporated skim milk. But, as I have an irrational suspicion of canned dairy products, I substitued heavy cream. I might have to get over the canned-dairy thing and just try it next time, for a thicker soup.

    ReplyDelete