Monday, December 6, 2010

Birthday Bounty

I'm not sure which birthday gift I'll get the most use out of...

The wine goblet from my adorable MIL....


....or the brand new sewing machine from my hunka-hunka-hubby....

Okay, who am I kidding? The wine goblet, obviously. Oh, and the new wine glasses from the boys to replace all the ones that have been mysteriously broken ;)
But, coming in a close runner-up is this beautiful little zippered pouch G made for me, which I'm now using to hold all my sewing notions for my new sewing machine! How perfect is that?!?


Yeeeeeesssss, I did break in my new sewing machine today. We're going through a "getting to know you" stage. And, I am sure, we will settle into a mutually productive relationship in short order. I'm pretty sure. There are a lot of buttons involved.
BUT, the absolute BEST part of my birthday yesterday...
*I got to see Harry Potter 7 (part 1) with my hubby and eldest son. It was awesome. And why, oh why, do I have to wait six months for the ending?!?
*A whole lot of my most favorite people in the world were standing around in my kitchen when we got back from the theater, having brought food along with their own lovely company to celebrate my 44. And, hubby ALMOST pulled off the surprise! Yay!
*I didn't get a bunch of stuff I didn't need or want! Yeah, I know that sounds really cynical, but, shoot, at my age, I've really got just about everything I could possibly want or need. And, really, what matters most to me, is YOU.
Thank you all for the gift of your friendship. And, a special Thank You to S for all of your behind-the-scenes arranging. :)

4 comments:

  1. YAY!!! Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like it was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You racked up! Glad you found a good use for the pouch - let's just hope that zipper holds up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday! Much deserved!! Harry Potter was awesome, but a room full of friends sounds even more divine!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that sounds like a lovely b'day!

    ReplyDelete