Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Guacamole Salad

We originally planned to make up some guacamole to go with dinner. It's one if Michael's specialties. But, having a main dish of flat enchiladas and a side of black beans, I decided that more fresh veggies were in order. 



I used everything from the Fresh Avocado Salsa recipe, plus a bit of extra stuff. On a bed of romaine lettuce I sprinkled the cilantro, some finely diced tomato and yellow bell pepper, and shredded cheese. I mixed up the "dressing" of olive oil, lime juice, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and threw in some very finely diced red onion. Half I mushed into the avocado and more tomato to make the guacamole, and the other half I drizzled over the salad. Guacamole gets plopped in the center, and globs of sour cream to finish off. 

Update:  Turns out when we were grocery shopping this afternoon, Michael accidentally grabbed Italian Parsley instead of cilantro.  Still tasted very good, but will be perfect next time with cilantro :)


No comments:

Post a Comment