Saturday, September 19, 2009

Orlando Vacation Part II, Day Four

Bums. We’re all bums today. Especially me. Barely made it downstairs in time for the free breakfast buffet before it closed. Took breakfast up to our room because there was no place to sit downstairs (Saturday rush). Kids watched TV all morning. Papa Bear napped. I read and wrote. Set up a “do it yourself” sandwich station at the in-room dinette for lunch. Papa Bear took the cubs to Ripley’s Believe It Or Not Odditorium while I did a load of laundry. Sticker shock: one load of wash at the hotel’s mini-laundromat cost $2, one load of drying cost $2, and one box of detergent (one load) cost $1 in quarters. Ouch. That’s $5 for one load. Except the detergent dispenser ate my first $1, and I had to fork over another $1 to get my detergent. So, that’s $6 for one load of laundry. And, they don’t even have a change machine in there. Buzzards. I’m supposed to be on vacation. Note: Elves do not visit your room if you stake it out and refuse to leave it. Had a nice dinner at The Crab House. I took the boys for a little night swimming in the pool, then a little wine for me and Papa Bear, and a little sleep. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment