Monday, July 8, 2013

Editing::The Work Begins


Today was my first official Author/Editor meeting with Christin.  I’d done my initial read-through a few weeks ago, had a good conversation with one of the Beta Readers (a mutual friend), and sent the first chapter back to Christin with some specific notes about something I thought we should work on together.  That was the impetus for our getting together.

The meeting went really well.  It was very productive, we covered a lot of ground, and Christin was very receptive to all of my suggestions and observations.  We’ve both got our “to-do” lists in hand (though hers is far longer than mine), and lots of work to do.

Since this is my first “real” editing job, I’m a bit nervous.  I feel like Christin is relying on me to help make her first novel the very best it can be, and I’m determined to do so.  This was the first big step, one of many more to come.

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment