Sunday, December 6, 2009

Surprise!

In the entire history of us, hubby has never been able to pull off a surprise for me. He’s tried several times in the past, but my wife-y sense has just kicked in unsolicited and I’ve figured out what he was plotting before he could spring it. Kind of frustrating for both of us.

On Saturday, hubby pulled it off. He managed to arrange a surprise birthday party for me, and I honestly did not have a clue. It was great. We’d gotten our holiday tree from our local tree farm (it’s become a tradition for us), brought it home, and had just gotten it set in the stand when our first friend “happened to be in the neighborhood and dropped by to say happy birthday”. How sweet. Then Mimi and her hubby dropped in with some platters of goodies (the potato skins were amazing!). When the third friend wandered in, it finally dawned on me that something was going on. Must be getting a little senile.

Regardless of my sometimes questionable mental state, I had a great time and I think everyone else did, too. Lots of great food, nice wine, and fabulous conversation was had by all. Hubby was sweet enough to buy me the lovely pearls I wanted, and the Cubs gave me some cool jewelry and Sting’s new winter album (very nice).

So, a great big “thank you” to everyone who came and brought delectibles to eat and sweet gifts. You know by now how much I love and cherish each and every one of you.

1 comment: