Friday, March 19, 2010

Blue Tootheses

BroBear got his front braces today. Kinda hard to tell from the picture, but the thingies that hold the wires in place are actually blue (I was given a glossary of othodontic terms today, but have not yet memorized it). You get to pick the color you want. Cool. I think I'd want alternating purple, blue and red. But, I digress...



New installation. Yeah, he's as anxious as he looks.


Possibly even cooler, Dr. W himself called this afternoon to see how BroBear was doing. Not his "office", not his "nurse", but actually him. I didn't even recognize the number he was calling from, because it wasn't his office number. I really like Dr. W.

So, BroBear is having some discomfort, and is taking Advil to stave off the worst of it. It should get better soon. And, he's going to have a really nice smile in a couple of years. I don't know whether or not he's going to appreciate that, but I certainly will. When he asked me today why I never had my teeth straightened, I replied "Because my family couldn't afford it." I think it gave him something to think about, and certainly gave me one more reason to acknowledge the abundant blessings of our collective family life. We're doing better than our parents did, and isn't that the American Dream?

Oh, and BroBear lost a baby tooth in the car on the way to his appointment. Literally. It popped out as he was munching on an orange, and fell somewhere under the front passenger seat. He couldn't find it when we got home, and he's concerned the Tooth Fairie won't find it and know who to pay. As Dr. W said, "Well, that's another Dollar down the drain." He should know :)

3 comments:

  1. blue? alright! can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the pain eases soon!

    Billy lost another baby tooth this morning - we're up to 4 now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the blue! Hope the pain is easing up.

    ReplyDelete