Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday Evening - HOME!

Home again, home again, jiggidy-jig. Or something like that. We’re home! We're home! We're home! Really! Yay! We made it! (Can you tell I'm an introvert?)

We managed to get packed up and out of the resort by about 12:30 pm, despite the added complication trying to get T-Bear into a new routine and working to overcome his fear of needles. Papa Bear even managed to take the boys down to the activity area and get a caricature made of them.

T-Bear with Rufus, Angel Bear, and Brother Bear

In spite of my tendency to get batty whenever we're running late, I managed to have a pleasant pack-up morning (just a weeeee bit of stress when a security officer knocked on our door to confirm we were REALLY leaving soon). And, in spite of the stress of the past few days, Papa Bear and I both have been upbeat, positive, and just plain happy. I feel like we’ve dodged a bullet, and I am so deeply grateful that T-Bear is going to be okay, the usual “small stuff” stressors that would have otherwise made me a bit nutty and bitchy, simply have not gotten to me today. Ironically, today has been one of the most pleasant and joyful days we have spent as a family in a long time. Weird, huh?

So, here we are, blessedly home. I’ve got a huge pile of laundry to do tomorrow, lots of stuff to put away, a huge pile of medical stuff to figure out where to store, and a new routine to establish for the family. But still, it’s good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment